Friendship Cottage Adult Day Service
The promise of Friendship Cottage is to gently tend to the needs of dependent adults while guiding and assisting the family and friends who care for them.
What We Do
Friendship Cottage provides adult day service to dependent adults who may be coping with physical, mental or memory challenges.
- A certified residential medication aide is on-staff to make sure medications are taken on time and at the proper dosage.
- A handicapped-accessible shower is available for those who need assistance with personal care.
- There is a laundry room onsite.
- A nutritious breakfast, lunch and snacks are provided each day.
- Group activities are organized each month to encourage participants to be involved with the community.
- An advisory committee of social service providers and community members provides feedback and guidance to the program on a regular basis.
- Friendship Cottage is approved for Veterans Administration benefits.
- We also accept MaineCare payments and other state funds to provide service.
- Transportation is provided to and from the facility for those who need it.
- The Caregiver Resource Center, located in the same facility, provides information, advocacy and support for caregivers.
A Welcome Note...
program site manager
"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
This quote from Saint Francis of Assisi has guided me when faced with a challenge. These inspirational words also mirror the creation of Friendship Cottage. To learn more about how Friendship Cottage came to be, visit our History Page. To learn more about the staff, visit our About Page.
I hope the information on this website is useful to you. If you need additional information I invite you to call or visit us at Friendship Cottage, you are welcome anytime.
With gratitude, Anne
Click here to listen to an interview with Anne on Alzheimer's: http://www.designerhealthnet.com/Episode_043.html
Comments received about Friendship Cottage...
I have been very impressed with the dedicated, caring staff at Friendship Cottage."
-- Dr. Marshall Smith
Friendship Cottage is a wonderful resource for the community. As lovely as the setting is, the people who staff the cottage are what make it such a special place."
-- Yvonne & Gary Lash and Doug & Sue Prior-Crofoot
I hope the "cottage" will continue its assistance and helpful guidance in the years to come. Thank you to all who have joined in the effort to make it a success."
-- Bob Dick