WHCA, Washington Hancock Community Agency

Utility Pole Connection

Services and Information

If you require new electric service, you may need to pay Central Maine Power Company (CMP) to install poles and wire to connect your newly built home or manufactured home to CMP's distribution line. The Central Maine Power Assistance Credit Program can reduce those charges by up to $2,800. For more information, cal 610-5955.


  • Total household income must be less that 115% of the area median income based on family size.
  • The cost of your home (including land improvements) cannot exceed the Maine State Housing Authority's First Time Homebuyer Program, even though this does not have to be your first home.
  • You cannot have received CMP's Assistance credit in the past 3 years.

This must be your primary residence.


Washington Hancock Community Agency :: Serving Maine's Washington and Hancock Counties :: www.WHCACAP.org

Machias: (207) 259-5015 :: Ellsworth: (207) 664-2424

General Email: administration@whcacap.org :: Contact Info :: Privacy :: External Links Disclaimer :: Non-Discrimination Statement

Copyright © 2008-2018 Washington Hancock Community Agency. All rights reserved. Maine website design by Barnstormer Design Group