Home Repair Loans
For more information, call Housing Services at (207) 610-5957.
Home Repair Program - The assistance may be used for a variety of home rehab needs, such as heating and electrical repairs, lead paint mitigation, roof and structural repairs, repair or replacement of substandard or failed septic systems, and other health and safety improvements.
- Client must be at or below 80% median income based on the funding source.
- Home must be an existing and habitable structure.
- Client must own and live in the home.
- Single-family homes only.
- Single-wide or double-wide trailers must be built after 1978 located on owned or leased land. In the case of lease land, the lease must be provided for assistance.
- Property can not have restrictions or encumbrances that would restrict the marketable nature of the owner's interest.
- All tax liens must be cleared before a loan or grant can be approved.
Property owner must be unable to provide or obtain financing for the improvements from other sources.