skip to content
WHCA, Washington Hancock Community Agency

Heating System Repair and Replacement


The Central Heating Improvement Program (CHIP) is an emergency program for eligible home owners that repairs or replaces malfunctioning or condemned heating systems.

CHIP funds are only used to repair or replace dangerous, malfunctioning or non-working heating systems. You must be LIHEAP eligible and own the home to be eligible. Up to $4,000 in repair or replacement costs are allowed for:

Heating system evaluations

  • Burner retrofit
  • Furnace repairs, replacement and conversions
  • Chimney repair or replacements.

For more information please call us at 610-5957 or email


Washington Hancock Community Agency :: Serving Maine's Washington and Hancock Counties ::

Machias: (207) 259-5015 :: Ellsworth: (207) 664-2424

General Email: :: Contact Info :: Privacy :: External Links Disclaimer :: Non-Discrimination Statement

Copyright © 2008-2015 Washington Hancock Community Agency. All rights reserved. Maine website design by Barnstormer Design Group